Many burlesque folks support themselves by selling merchandise, everything from pasties to pin-up calendars to autographed pictures to unusual arts and crafts. For some of you it's an essential part of your performance income, but you don't want to be a fullt-ime vendor, especially not at The Great Burlesque Expostion where there a shows to prepare for, classes to take, and fun to be had. Add to the investment of time, the financial investment of getting your very own booth, and it's just too much for many of us.
Enter The Community Commerce Table! A place where we come together to sell each other's merchandise and crafts! If you want to be part of our commerce community, here's all you have to do:
1) Tag everything you want to sell with a removable tag (something like this) that has
• your name
• the name of the item
• the price of the item
2) Inventory everything that you are going to be leaving for sale, then print two copies of that inventory.
3) Drop-off your goods by the The Community Commerce Table in the Exhibit Hall on Saturday, Jan. 6, between 10:00am and noon.
4) Sign-up to work at least one 2-hour shift at the table over the course of the weekend (you can work more than one shift if you're a particularly perfect person!). You must work at least one shift to get the benefits of selling your stuff at The Community Commerce Table.
5) Collect any unsold goods and the money for any sold items after 8:00 p.m. on Sunday, Jan. 7.
Participating as part of The Community Commerice Table is a way to share the burdens and expenses of vending amongst several people. We all do a litle work, we all get the benefits, and we all get more free time!